RESTORATIVE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
A Mindfulness-based Approach to Relaxation and Healing
An informative and experiential 5 day (35 hour) workshop with the intention of helping you to develop skills for sharing Restorative Yoga and creating a safe, contained and nourishing environment of healing for your students, clients and patients. Each day you will be guided in practice and theory to learn the principles and practice of Restorative Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation.
This course is an ideal immersion for yoga teachers, yoga practitioners, health care professionals physiotherapists, massage and bodywork therapists, dance and creative movement practitioners and teachers, and anyone curious about enhancing their own potential for self-healing.
- Experience and learn to teach classic and innovative somatic based Restorative Yoga postures.
- Practice, principles and theory of Restorative/Relaxation Yoga.
- Practice, principles and theory of Mindfulness Meditation - both seated and reclining and how to apply into a Yoga practice.
- Body, breath and tissue reading skills.
- Posture variations and use of supportive props to meet your students’ individual needs.
- Nervous System Resets to help your students relax into a deep state of regenerative response.
- The important use of hands-on contact for support of the practice.
- Specific breathwork and pranayama practices for deep relaxation and healing.
- Specific protocols for teaching Restorative Yoga to those with chronic health issues.
- How sound and music affects the body-mind and use of sound/music in class.
- The use of Certified Therapeutic Grade essential oils in Restorative Yoga.
For detailed information about Ateeka, Ola and Restorative Yoga please visit:
The course will be taught in english.
All students who complete the 5 day course will receive a certificate of completion and an opportunity to enter into a mentorship program with Ateeka and/or Ola.
What to bring
Participants are responsible to bring their own restorative yoga props including rectangular or round firm bolster, yoga block, wool yoga blanket, eye pillow.
A few sets of “borrow” props are also available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Purchase a Restorative Yoga props set from Manduka
For those who do not own these props, a beautiful set of Restorative Yoga props from Manduka can be purchased from JA Yoga for a discounted price of kr 1.699,- (you save kr 298,-) delivered to the course location. These props will be yours to take home after the course. We will send you an invoice.
Date: Wednesday 31 OCTOBER 2018 - Sunday 4 NOVEMBER 2018
Time: Wednesday - Saturday 0930 am - 1730 pm and Sunday 10 am - 4 pm
Location: JA Yoga at Høvik nearby Oslo
Price: kr 6.500,-
Deposit: kr 3.000,- (The deposit shall be payed upon registration. This fee is NON-REFUNDABLE if you cancel). You will receive an invoice for the rest of the payment to be payed within 1 of October.
Early Bird Price: kr 5.750,- when full course cost is paid before 1 July 2018.
Complete registration form here.
Send non-refundable deposit of kr 3.000,- to:
Account : 1503 24 63484
JA yoga AS, Kirkeveien 59 C, 1364 Høvik
If you are choosing the “EARLY BIRD” payment option - please send full payment (non-refundable) of kr 5.750,- at time of registration - before 1 July 2018.
You will receive an invoice for the rest of the payment to be payed within 1 of October. (If you purchase the restorative set this will also be invoice at this time).
For additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org www.yoga-somatics.com
WELCOME TO A WONDERFUL 5 DAYS OF
DEEPENING INTO PRACTICE TOGETHER